• Guest Access

You are currently viewing the forums as a guest.  Please consider making a free account to gain full access to the forums, files, gallery and to create your own personal blog.

Sign in to follow this  
Gandalf42

Whats everyone playing?

Whats everyone currently playing?  Tell us about the latest shooters you guys are playing and how you feel about them- good, bad, etc.

-Gandalf42

I just picked up Murasaki yesterday from PLAYISM.  I haven't put in a ton of time in on it yet, but I'm enjoying what I've played so far.  Interesting mechanic.. quirky.  Quirky like Every Extend.. at least that's the vibe I'm getting from it.

Not bad,

-Gandalf42

Mostly Battle Garegga; but I might pick up Mushihimesama to try to Ultra 1cc

• Like 1

What are you playing Garegga on?  Love the game but never could get used to the speed of the power up drops in it.

-Gandalf42

Mame, no way to use a keyboard on any other port (and I dont own any ports of it)

Got ya.  I was going to buy the premium edition when it was released but I shied away from it when I realized they just put the download code in a box.  Hopefully M2 doesn't do this for their upcoming ports.

Yeah, I play it under MAME as well.  though I use a pad to play it.  Perhaps I should try the keyboard.

I've been playing that a bit too.  Always have trouble finding all the targets on the level.  Nice game though..  love Uridium.

• Like 1

Tried Blue Revolver just now; Im not fully sure how to feel about this game yet, but the scoring system is pretty cool

• Like 1

I actually have had the itch.io window online for a couple of days now trying to decide if I want to grab it.  At $15 I'm just not sure it's worth it.  I think $9.95 is pretty much the top they should be charging for it compared to what else is out there.  I haven't played it, so I'm not sure how it feels.. but it does look kind of chunky.. screen looks a bit cramped by what I'm seeing on the video.. and the bullet patterns seem a bit ridged.

Let me know how you feel about it, I may be reading it all wrong.

---

This is probably the next game I'm picking up.. Aeternum.. developed by one of the guys over on system11.  Not really _too_ into horizontals but at that price, why not.  And it's DRM free, which for me is a must.  I don't do Steam.

Dodonpachi

I am always enjoying shooters like Donpachi, Dodonpachi, sadly not on original hardware but on PlayStation original or Saturn, Mame..

Wouldn’t mind one of those Astrocity vertical arcade cabs with this in it one day. 

• Like 1

I've had my eyes out for a candy cab for a while but they are fairly hard to come by in my area.  I'm probably going to build a small cab when I get the time.

Always wanted to build this one as it's pretty thin and unobtrusive.  Plus, I've got a few sheets of MDF in storage that I can use.

Started learning Imperishable Night to go for 5,000,000,000 points on Lunatic as Ghost Team.

Current PB is 3.32B, I've started to learn the more difficult strategies 

On 7/7/2018 at 7:43 PM, Pearl said:

Tried Blue Revolver just now; Im not fully sure how to feel about this game yet, but the scoring system is pretty cool

I just bought it over on itch.io but I haven't tried it yet.  Hopefully I'll get some time in on it over the weekend.  I did post a 1CC All Clear run over in the video section thats worth checking out.

Have you played it any more?

On 7/6/2018 at 5:16 AM, Gandalf42 said:

Got ya.  I was going to buy the premium edition when it was released but I shied away from it when I realized they just put the download code in a box.  Hopefully M2 doesn't do this for their upcoming ports.

Yeah, I play it under MAME as well.  though I use a pad to play it.  Perhaps I should try the keyboard.

Just a heads up that Garegga Rev. 2016 has a physical release in South Korea. https://www.play-asia.com/battle-garegga-rev2016/13/70bsdd

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gandalf42 said:

This is physical disc, not just a download code?  Don't know how that one slipped by me.

It is physical.

IMG_0495.jpg

Just finished up with Gunbird 2 for Nintendo Switch and it's looking like I'll be diving into Tempest 4000 after the dayjob today!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Serraxor said:

Just finished up with Gunbird 2 for Nintendo Switch and it's looking like I'll be diving into Tempest 4000 after the dayjob today!

Hey Ser, welcome to the site.  Gunbird 2 is a great game... watching your recent streams (Switch heavy) is really making me regret not having picked one up yet.  Looks like Switch is the heir apparent to the shmup crown this generation.

I do have Tempest 4k coming in for the PS4.. I'll look forward to hearing your impressions on it.