• Guest Access

You are currently viewing the forums as a guest.  Please consider making a free account to gain full access to the forums, files, gallery and to create your own personal blog.

Sign in to follow this  
Gandalf42

What was your first gaming experience?

So what was everyones first gaming experience?  Let us know a bit about the game and where you played it.

I'm probably older than most here.. but my first gaming experience was on the Odyssey 1 back in the mid 70's.  I couldn't have been more than five, but my dad had picked one up at a yard/boot sale and brought it home.  The thing was still almost new... considering how bad the console was, I don't think the original owners kept it around for too long..  I eventually graduated to pong and then the Atari 2600.  My first exposure to an upright arcade game was in the late '70's at the Settlers Inn, which was a huge log cabin inn.. known for being the oldest log cabin in the US and being tied directly to the Revolutionary War.  But that was where I first came across Space Invaders... and later, Asteroids.  Thats pretty much the beginning of where I got my love for shoot'em ups.. which was later cemented in my psyche by the amazing retro classic Galaga.

So what was your first experience?

Sign in to follow this