• Guest Access

You are currently viewing the forums as a guest.  Please consider making a free account to gain full access to the forums, files, gallery and to create your own personal blog.

Sign in to follow this  
Gandalf42

What hardware do you use?

Shmup methods  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How do you normally play your STGs?

• PC / Emulation
    • PC / Ports
    • Consoles
    • Arcade Hardware

So how does everyone play their shmups..  PCBs, Emulation, Consoles, PC ports..  what controls does everyone use?

I normally play on the PC with either the Steam ports or via emulation.  For controls I tend to use my HORI Fighting Commander pad as it has a quality d-pad on it... sometimes I use my X-Arcade stick as well.  For PCB's I use a custom built supergun.

Let us know how you shmup..

My main shmup systems are:

Nintendo Switch, the new king of shmup consoles. If they'd just release more physical games...

PC Engine with SSDS3. Play anything, ANYTHING with the SSDS3.

Japanese Xbox 360 for Cave shooters.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dlh said:

Nintendo Switch, the new king of shmup consoles. If they'd just release more physical games...

PC Engine with SSDS3. Play anything, ANYTHING with the SSDS3.

I have yet to pick up a Nintendo Switch.. even though I've been buying physical shmups for it.  I really didn't see this system becoming the shmup powerhouse that it is..  That being said, I'm not really into digital distribution at all.. so they're going to need to step up of the physical releases to really win me over.   If Ikaruga doesn't get a physical release I'm going to be crushed... and it doesn't sound like thats going to happen. :classic_unsure:

As to the SSDS3, I don't have the scratch to lay down for that at the moment.  But I'm glad to hear its working out compatibility wise for you.

-Gandalf42

Hardware is costly and prone to needing repairs.. probably not the best option for most.  Emulation does a damn fine job, I just more effort would go into the emulation of the Cave games.  Many have had corrupted dumps for almost a decade.. other still have timing issues.